When it comes to computers, people go either way in placing them: on the floor, or a computer stand. But for those who do not have the best space and are trying to make some more for other items, leaving the computer on the floor might seem like a great idea to increase some table space.
Except it isn’t.
Especially if you happen to have a carpeted floor in your home.
Computers, like any other machinery, require some adequate conditions to work on. The fan below the computer, the wires snaking all around- this does not make putting your computer on the floor a very feasible option. And let’s not even think about the dust, dirt, hair, and grime that will accumulate on your computer fan and surface courtesy of your carpet.
Thus, the next best option and the far healthier one for your computer’s life is to buy a pc stand for carpet. Here’s how you can get the best one for your home.
Choosing the best pc stand for carpet
Also known by the name of pc caddy, pc stands are adjustable and rollable stands made of metal or plastic. These stands will keep your computer off the ground and make sure that it doesn’t disturb your original desk space. It will also make it more accessible for you as you can simply roll the stand around for your convenience.
The best pc stand for carpet has the following features:
- An adjustable base made of metal or plastic that allows you to place your computer and related items without cluttering.
- It has wheels that allow it to be rolled about at your convenience.
- The wheels are smooth for traveling over your carpet and have slight friction that does not pose a problem by making sure the stand does not slide out of control.
- The stand is large enough not to block the PSU fan and cause overheating.
- Are light, adjustable and foldable- the foldable ones are the best to invest in.
A pc stand is a good investment for those who need their computers on the regular but are out of desk space to place them. The stand or caddy allows you to store your items as well and can be adjusted to your needs. It is better to buy a metal or plastic one rather than wood as these are more likely to be adjustable.